How Can Orthodontics Help?
We help people with crowded teeth, crossbite, overbite, underbite, open bite, and other alignment issues. Many assume that orthodontia work is cosmetic, when in reality untreated misalignment can lead to many oral health problems, sometimes serious ones.
Treatments We Provide
The orthodontic treatments we provide include:
- Braces: Used to significantly adjust the position and alignment of front and/or bottom teeth.
- Retainers: Effective for maintaining realigned teeth or correcting less significant alignment issues.
- Tooth removal: When experiencing overcrowding, removing teeth, especially wisdom teeth, may be necessary to create space and properly align teeth.
- Tooth adjustments: Reshaping teeth as well as other adjustment procedures may be necessary.
- Surgical procedures: In severe cases of malocclusion, surgery may be needed to adjust the jaw to create proper alignment.
Who Should See an Orthodontist?
It is important that children and teenagers regularly see a dentist and orthodontist to make sure that their teeth are healthy as they grow. Many alignment, bite, and crowding issues can be identified early on and are much easier to correct at an early stage. Taking care of issues at a young age avoids the development of potentially more severe problems later on.